A rising star in the real estate realm, Melody Schor represents sellers, purchasers and borrowers, healthcare providers, developers, investors, landlords and tenants in commercial, mixed-use and industrial real estate transactions.
Melody assists clients at every stage, including financings and restructurings, acquisitions and sales of commercial properties, 1031 exchanges, development, joint ventures, and commercial leases. She also has extensive experience in representing religious corporations and not-for-profit organizations of all sizes in connection with their real estate needs, including petitions for approval from the New York State Attorney General.
A thoughtful, creative and strategic people person, Melody excels in handling deals and negotiations fraught with contention. She builds relationships and consensus among the parties, which is especially important in leasing deals as the parties will be entering into a long-term relationship. Melody finds a way forward despite the challenges, making deals happen that might otherwise fail. Having worked in the real estate business for many years, Melody understands the real-world business implications of the work she handles. Collaborating closely with her clients, she gains a clear understanding of their interests and goals so she can best represent them. She also takes the time to ensure her clients are well informed on the status of their matters.
Before joining Olshan, Melody was a real estate associate at Abrams Fensterman, LLP. She was also a judicial intern for the Honorary Deborah A. Batts, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. In addition to being fluent in English and Farsi, Melody is proficient in Hebrew.
- Represented a leading franchisee of a global fitness brand in national lease negotiations.
- Represented JEMB Realty Corp. in various leases for its newly constructed office tower in Brooklyn, which is a 500,000 square foot building that is also Brooklyn’s tallest office tower.
- Represented an industry-leading cancer research institution in the purchase of a seven-story building to suit the institution on a parcel located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
- Represented a landlord in connection with the lease of its flagship retail location on the Upper East Side of Manhattan to a leading healthcare provider.
- Represented various healthcare providers, including medical and veterinary practices, ambulatory centers, and nursing homes in connection with medical office space leases, sales, acquisitions and financing.
- Represented a not-for-profit in connection with the petition for approval from the New York State Attorney General in connection with the sale of a landmarked townhouse in the heart of Midtown Manhattan to a foreign republic.
- Represented the seller in a multimillion-dollar sale of its New York City taxi medallion portfolio.
- Firm News|
- Firm News|
Honors & Recognitions
- Named a “Rising Star” by New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2022
- Named to Who's Who in Commercial & Residential Real Estate Law in Long Island Business News, 2018
- Named to New York Real Estate Journal’s Women in Real Estate: Professional Services List, 2018
- Fordham Law Alumni Association
- Board Member, Village of East Hills Architectural Review