Contributing to our community is a big part of what Olshan is about, and we are grateful and honored to be able to make a difference.
- Partnering with CITYarts to help restore the Peace Wall in Harlem. This 213-foot-long permanent mosaic wall, at the Jacob H. Schiff Park in Harlem, is one of CITYarts’ most recognizable projects. The mosaic project was an integral part of CITYarts’ first international youth-led initiative, Pieces for Peace.
- Partnering with New York Cares and participate in their annual coat drive, in an effort to collect and distribute gently used or new coats during the winter season to those who are less fortunate.
- Olshan is an enthusiastic supporter of Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC, the leading mentoring organization for underprivileged children in New York. Olshan participates in the Race for the Kids, which promotes the importance of health and exercise, as well as the Ping Pong Tournament and the Annual Dinner. We employ a little brother or sister each summer, and one of our partners serves on the Board of Trustees.
- Participated in a nationwide 'Wear Red Day' in an effort to support the American Heart Association's Go Red movement. It is a program selected to bring awareness to heart disease and its impact not only on woman, but men as well, and raises necessary funds for vital research and education.
- Joining Lee® Jeans and the American Cancer Society during the month of October in the movement to rise above breast cancer by donating as a team and wearing jeans in the workplace.
- Participating in Jeans for Wishes charitable campaign and fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Donations go towards granting the wishes of children with serious medical conditions in the five boroughs, Nassau County and Western New York.
- Supporting Joan’s Legacy: Uniting Against Lung Cancer, one of the leading sources of funding for lung cancer research in the country.
- Joining inMotion’s Story by Story annual stair climb to end domestic violence by climbing 43 stories of the 245 Park Avenue skyscraper, and thereby raising vital financial support and awareness. InMotion offers hope to low-income women who need free legal services in matrimonial, family and immigration law, particularly those who have suffered from domestic violence.
- Supporting NVRQT in its efforts to raise money and awareness for the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation. Short for never quit, NVRQT endeavors to support children in their battle against cancer and inspire researchers working towards a cure. www.nvrqt.org
- Partnering with Operation Backpack, Volunteers of America, School Supplies Drive, to help ensure that every child in the New York City shelter system has a new backpack filled with grade-appropriate supplies at the start of each school year.
- Participating in Winter Wishes, a yearly program that aims to grant the holiday wishes of thousands of disadvantaged children, teens, and families from shelters and community organizations throughout New York City.
- Volunteering at Monday Night Hospitality, a service that provides restaurant-style meals to those in need in New York City.
- Assisting Stop Hunger Now’s school feeding program, recognized as a viable solution to combat hunger among the world’s most impoverished. Olshan’s 40 volunteers used a fun, engaging assembly line process to package 10,008 meals in just two hours. “What could be better than having fun, doing good and sharing the experience with friends and colleagues all at the same time.” Steve Gursky, Partner
- Partner Warren Gleicher serves as the Chairman of Board of the American Society of the University of Haifa.