- Richard was named for inclusion to the New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, a Thomson Reuters lawyer rating service for lawyers under 40, since 2018
J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2015
- Online Editor, Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law
B.A., Columbia University, Columbia College, 2012
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York, 2016
Richard possesses domestic and cross-border experience in mergers and acquisitions, securities, real estate finance, and commercial matters. His clients range from mature public and private companies to entrepreneurial start-ups. He has counseled companies and high net worth individuals based in North, Central and South America, as well as throughout Asia and Europe.
Prior to joining Olshan, Richard was an associate at Farrell Fritz, P.C. in the Corporate (M&A) and Emerging Companies & Venture Capital Groups.
Richard is fluent in Spanish and also professionally proficient in Portuguese.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented a Mid-Atlantic construction equipment leasing and sale company in the sale of all of its outstanding stock to a publicly traded company.
- Represented a military computing and display solutions designer and producer in the sale of all of its equity to a defense technology platform formed by a private equity firm.
- Represented a top Northeast and Mid-Atlantic provider of rental equipment in its acquisition of prominent regional company’s aerial equipment assets and service operations.
- Represented a paperboard packaging printer and manufacturer in the sale all of its outstanding stock to a private equity firm.
- Represented a dairy products distributer in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a private equity firm.
Venture Capital Transactions
- Represented a biotechnology company in its Series B financing round with investments from hospital’s venture capital division, Chinese investment fund, Brazilian investment fund and other investors.
- Represented a cybersecurity company in its Series Seed financing round with investment from venture capital firm.
- Represented an automobile parts e-commerce company in the redemption of a member’s membership interest pursuant to the company’s LLC operating agreement.
- Represented a marketing consulting company and its stockholder in the partial redemption and partial purchase of another stockholder’s common stock.
- Represented a marketing, advertising, and production company in negotiation of several Services Agreements with recognized media outlets, not-for-profit organizations and politicians.
- Represented individuals in the transfer of equity in their individual names to trusts for their benefits or their family members’ benefits for estate planning purposes.
- March 16, 2021JD Supra
- June 10, 2020JD Supra
- August 1, 2014Thomson Reuters PLC