The Office Leasing Practice at Olshan is highly regarded, skilled and venerable. Members of the Practice are well seasoned and effective negotiators, focused on adding value and providing creative and swift solutions to our clients.
Our attorneys are experts in all types of office leasing transactions, acting as legal and business counsel to both landlords and tenants.
We represent the owners of many of New York’s premier office buildings in commercial lease transactions, successfully negotiating over many millions of square feet.
Our Practice regularly handles headquarters and flagships leases, co-working leases, New York City school leases and new development leases.
Our attorneys work with clients across a wide range of industry sectors involved in commercial real estate leasing, including e-commerce companies, technology companies, hedge and private equity funds, professional services firms, sports teams, and medical facilities.
We have our finger on the pulse and are able to navigate complex market conditions for our clients. Our experience enables us to understand both sides of the transaction and the technical skills and business savvy our experienced team brings to the table allow us to assist our clients achieve desired results.
- Represent landlords in office leases in the following buildings:
- Cornell Tech Campus, Roosevelt Island
- 2 Hanson Place, Brooklyn
- One Pierrepont Plaza, Brooklyn
- 12 West 21st Street
- 30 West 26th Street
- 12 West 27th Street
- 460 West 34th Street
- 401 Park Avenue South
- 450 Seventh Avenue
- 729 Seventh Avenue
- 6 East 32nd Street
- 25 Broadway
- 150 Broadway
- 462 Broadway
- 1410 Broadway
- 1441 Broadway
- 75 Broad Street
- Herald Center, 1293 Broadway
- One Willoughby Square, Brooklyn
- One State Street Plaza
- 88 Pine Street (Wall Street Plaza)
- Represent landlords in co-working space leases to companies such as WeWork, Knotel, Regus and The Mint.
- Represent a medical institution in significant net leases of future development sites in New York City.
- Represent a developer in a long term net lease from the MTA.
- Represented the NBA’s Brooklyn Nets in a lease for its new corporate headquarters in Industry City, in Sunset Park in downtown Brooklyn. The new headquarters will occupy approximately 85,000 square feet in Building 19, which is also where the Nets' training facility is located.
- Represented Kaufman Astoria Studios in the creation of a back lot on 36th Street between 34th and 35th Avenues in Queens to use as an alternative to location filming. The deal included a long term lease with New York City Economic Development Corporation until 2049.
- Represented the owner of a downtown New York City office building in a lease of approximately 100,000 square feet to Millennium High School.
- Represent the owner of a downtown New York City office building in a lease of approximately 240,000 square feet to an agency of the State of New York.
- Represented the owner of a building in Memphis, TN in a lease of the entire building (625,000 square feet) to Trane Inc.
- Represent Helm Equities in launching a mammoth 325,000 square foot hotel, retail and office development in the Design District in Miami, including the acquisition and financing of the project and negotiating a hotel management agreement and development agreement.
- Represented the owner of a building in Newark, NJ in a lease of approximately 50,000 square feet to ACS State & Local Solutions, Inc., provider of EZpass services for the State of New Jersey.
- September 27, 2019
- April 19, 2019
- October 16, 2018
- Nina Roket Featured on Front Page of, and Quoted by, Real Estate Weekly on Flexible Office Leasing and Effects on Commercial Real EstateMay 21, 2018
- March 14, 2017
- December 18, 2015
- December 16, 2015
- June 22, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- November 11, 2014
- October 15, 2014
- August 27, 2014
- May 12, 2014
- April 9, 2014
- March 26, 2014
- March 6, 2014
- December 2, 2013
- September 17, 2013
- September 9, 2013
- June 5, 2013
- March 12, 2013
- February 8, 2013
- December 19, 2012
- U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers® selects Olshan's Real Estate Practice for “Best Law Firms" IssueNovember 1, 2012
- October 10, 2012
- August 29, 2012