Calli Schmitt focuses on shareholder activism campaigns, assisting with corporate governance issues, proxy contests and various other activist engagements.
Calli helps handle Section 13 and Section 16 filings with the SEC, letter-writing campaigns, shareholder proposals, board of directors nominations, hostile bids and settlement negotiations.
While in law school, Calli was a legal intern for the Kathryn O. Greenberg Immigration Justice Clinic, New York State Supreme Court and Publishers Clearing House. She was also an Olshan summer associate. In that role, she drafted memoranda and correspondences for a wide variety of legal matters, including ones involving shareholder activism.
Before attending law school, Calli worked as a paralegal. She also was a volunteer assistant at the Immigrant and Refugee Law Center, courtroom advocate for individuals at Women Helping Women and a legal intern for a community-based nonprofit organization while abroad in South Africa.
- Volunteer, The Bowery Mission
J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2023
- Senior Notes Editor (2022-2023) and Staff Editor (2021-2022), Cardozo Journal of Equal Rights and Social Justice
- Author, Note: “The Various Problems and Instabilities with the Implementation of the Special Immigrant Juvenile Status Statute,” Cardozo Journal of Equal Rights and Social Justice, Vol. 29, Issue 1 (2023)
- Teaching Assistant, Lawyering and Legal Writing (2021-2022)
- Dean’s Merit Scholar
B.S. and B.A., University of Cincinnati, 2018
- Dean’s List (8 semesters)
- Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society
- Ambassador, University of Cincinnati, College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services and the College of Arts and Sciences
- Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2015 (study abroad program)
- New York (not yet admitted)