Litigation associate Sahand Farahati represents companies and individuals in complex high-stakes commercial disputes.
Sahand has litigated cases involving business torts, contract disputes, and antitrust, trade secrets, and white collar criminal matters. He is particularly experienced in resolving disputes between contractors and competitors.
Responsive, detailed-oriented, and results-driven, Sahand takes the time to understand the clients’ issues, risk profile, and goals. Then he builds the strongest case possible to accomplish the client’s objective. He has achieved successes both in lower and appellate courts.
Before joining Olshan, Sahand was a litigation associate at Shearman & Sterling. At Columbia Law School, he served as a judicial extern to Judge Gerard E. Lynch on the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and Magistrate Judge James L. Cott on the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Representing international sight-seeing and tour company in a multimillion-dollar dispute with a competitor regarding competitive practices.
- Representing industry-leading media company in connection with a multimillion-dollar breach of contract dispute involving outdoor advertising industry in federal court.
- Representing an international government contractor in a dispute with a business partner related to a multimillion-dollar contract with the Iraqi government.
- Representing national fitness chain in a landlord-tenant property dispute.
- Prevailed in the Fourth Circuit for a physician convicted under the Controlled Substances Act, achieving a unanimous reversal of the physician’s conviction on appeal.
- Successfully represented a leading military defense contractor in connection with no-poach antitrust allegations.
- Successfully represented a multinational financial technology company in a dispute involving misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Successfully represented a client in a Section 11 Securities Act dispute.
- Article|New York Law Journal|
J.D., Columbia Law School, 2018
- Senior Executive Editor, Journal of Environmental Law
- James Kent Scholar
- Harlan Fiske Stone Moot Court
- Frederick Douglass Moot Court
B.S., magna cum laude, Ohio State University, 2015
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York