- Awarded Deal of the Year and Activist Campaign of the Year by The Deal for representation of George Feldenkreis in his nomination of directors and successful unsolicited acquisition of Perry Ellis.
J.D., Tulane University Law School 2006
B.A., Harvard University, 1999
Bar & Court Admissions
- Connecticut, 2008
- New York, 2009
- Connecticut – D. Conn., 2010
- 6th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Western District of New York, 2014
- 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2019
Michael’s counseling practice includes advising companies, boards of directors, compensation committees and executives involved in acquisitions, mergers, restructuring and other transactions and in drafting and interpreting rights and obligations under employment and separation agreements, restrictive covenants, stock options and other equity-based compensation. He regularly conducts handbook and personnel policy drafting and review, assists with daily management of employee disciplines and terminations, and general advice and counsel on compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws. Passarella has extensive litigation experience in discrimination, wage and hour, whistleblower, harassment, FMLA/ADA, and wrongful termination claims before state and federal courts, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the New York State Division of Human Rights, the New York City Commission on Human Rights, the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities, and various other administrative agencies across the country.
He routinely provides strategic guidance and leads due diligence reviews in transactions and communications and legal advice regarding union organizing and elections, corporate campaigns, and picketing. He represents employers in hearings before the National Labor Relations Board and in collective bargaining negotiations and arbitrations for clients across the country. He has conducted management training in sexual harassment prevention and best practices, union and litigation avoidance, leave management, and hiring and firing practices.
Michael earned his J.D. from Tulane University Law School, where he was vice president of the Tulane Sports Law Society. He earned a B.A. in History from Harvard University where he was captain of the Men’s Varsity Tennis Team and a member of the Undergraduate Advisory Committee on Athletics.
Prior to joining Olshan, Passarella was a principal at Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Kenneth Silverman Handles Acquisition of CID Performance Tooling for Alleghany Capital Subsidiary Precision Cutting TechnologiesJune 24, 2019
- April 2, 2019
- January 9, 2019
- Kenneth Silverman Handles Acquisition of CEI Equipment Company for Alleghany Capital Subsidiary Kentucky TrailerDecember 21, 2018
- November 9, 2018
- October 23, 2018
- October 1, 2018
- September 21, 2018
- Michael Passarella Quoted in SHRM on Ruling Regarding New York Uber Drivers and Unemployment BenefitsAugust 8, 2018
- Olshan Recognized as “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News-Best Lawyers for Securities, Real Estate, Advertising, Employment, Trusts & Estates and Employee BenefitsNovember 1, 2017
Articles & Alerts
- April 2019
- CLIENT ALERT: New Guidance on Mandatory Sexual Harassment Training and Policies and New Reasonable Accommodation and Personal Leave Requirements in NY State and NYCOctober 5, 2018
- CLIENT ALERT: Federal Tax Reform Contains Significant Changes to Treatment of Compensation and Employee BenefitsJanuary 12, 2018
- December 15, 2017
- CLIENT ALERT: New York City Salary History Law to Take Effect on October 31, 2017 / Update on New York State Paid Family Benefits Leave LawOctober 27, 2017
- March 28, 2019
- Olshan Recognized as “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News-Best Lawyers® for Securities/Capital Markets, Real Estate, Advertising, Employment Law, Trusts & Estates and Employee BenefitsNovember 1, 2017
- June 1, 2017