Olshan Recognized by The Legal 500 US 2022 as a Leading Law Firm in Shareholder Activism (Tier 1) with Seven Attorneys Ranked, and in Advertising with Three Attorneys Ranked
Olshan Frome Wolosky LLP announced that the firm has been recognized by The Legal 500 US in its 2022 edition as a Leading Law Firm. The Shareholder Activism practice has been ranked as a Tier One practice, a position it has held since the rankings’ inception, including seven of the practice’s attorneys. The Advertising practice has also again been ranked along with three attorneys. The rankings are based on feedback from clients, peers and The Legal 500’s independent research.
Rankings for Shareholder Activism – advice to shareholders
- Steve Wolosky, Partner, Co-Chair of the Shareholder Activist and Corporate/Securities Law Practices
- Andrew Freedman, Partner, Co-Chair of the Shareholder Activist Practice
- Elizabeth Gonzalez-Sussman, Partner, Head of ESG Activist Investing
Next Generation Partner: Ryan Nebel, Partner
Recommended Lawyer: Kenneth Mantel, Partner
It is notable that once again, The Legal 500 only ranked five attorneys in the nation as “Leading Lawyers” in the area of shareholder activism and that three of them are Olshan partners. Olshan’s Shareholder Activism Practice has consistently received top rankings across the board in every influential league table and publication that covers shareholder activism. Olshan’s no. 1 ranking is highlighted in league tables and publications that cover shareholder activism, including FactSet, Bloomberg Activism Advisory League Tables, Refinitiv Global Shareholder Activism Scorecard and Activist Insight Monthly. Client testimonials are expansive, noting that:
“The Olshan team brings both deep and broad experience in the activist space. They are thoughtful, creative, and extremely responsive” and that the team is, “Very experienced, practical and commercial in their approach to complex issues. They put themselves in the client’s shoes and try to provide the best advice under the circumstances. They are state of the art in this legal area and always looking to learn and look for innovative and creative solutions.”
The firm has also been ranked as a Tier 3 Leading Firm in Advertising and Marketing: Transactional and Regulatory, with chair Andrew Lustigman and partner Tamara Carmichael named as “Recommended Lawyers” and partner Scott Shaffer recognized as a “Key Lawyer.” Client testimonials note that the team is,
“…efficient, thorough, and highly professional” and that they have the “Unique ability to befriend and become trusted advisors to their clients. When dealing with legal matters, it’s essential you develop a trusting relationship with your legal team. Olshan certainly know how to do that.”
To view the full details of Olshan’s rankings in the 2022 edition of The Legal 500 US, please visit Legal 500 US 2022.
Olshan has been consistently recognized as one of the premier mid-sized law firms in the country, including:
- Named by Chambers USA 2022 as a premier law firm for Corporate/M&A Shareholder Activism (Top Tier 1), as well as Advertising: Transactional & Regulatory, Litigation: General Commercial, and Real Estate: Mainly Dirt, with eight Olshan lawyers, including five lawyers in the Shareholder Activist practice, named as Leading Lawyers
- Selection of nine of the firm’s lawyers as The Best Lawyers in America© 2022 along with the selection of two lawyers to the “Ones to Watch” list
- Named as a “Best Law Firm” 2022 by U.S. News-Best Lawyers® for Securities/Capital Markets, Real Estate, Advertising, Trusts & Estates, Commercial Litigation and Employee Benefits
- Selection of 36 attorneys to the Super Lawyers® 2021 New York Metro
- Honored by The National Law Journal twice as a top 20 midsize law firm in its “Midsize Hot List”
- Inclusion in the National Law Journal “NLJ 500” list.
Olshan Frome Wolosky LLP, a law firm based in New York, represents major businesses and entrepreneurs in their most significant transactions, problems and opportunities. Olshan’s clients range from public companies, hedge, venture capital, private equity and other investment funds to entrepreneurs and private companies worldwide. Clients choose Olshan for innovative strategies and sophisticated, game-changing advice in corporate, securities law, equity investment and shareholder activism, complex commercial, corporate and securities litigation, real estate, intellectual property, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, and advertising. Since its founding, Olshan has offered an alternative to the AmLaw 50 law firm business model with responsive, independent and client-focused legal counsel provided by the firm’s senior lawyers.