Facts and Stats
Olshan represents major businesses and entrepreneurs for their most significant transactions, problems and opportunities. Olshan’s clients range from public companies, hedge, venture capital, private equity and other investment funds to entrepreneurs and private companies worldwide. Clients choose Olshan for innovative strategies and sophisticated, game-changing advice in corporate, securities law and shareholder activism, complex commercial, corporate and securities litigation, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, real estate, intellectual property and advertising. Since its founding over 50 years ago, Olshan has offered an alternative to the AmLaw 50 law firm business model with responsive, independent and client-focused legal counsel provided by the firm’s senior lawyers.
Total number of Practice Groups: 11
- Activist & Equity Investment
- Advertising, Marketing & Promotions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Corporate/Securities Law
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Practices
- Insurance Coverage Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax & Personal Planning
- Midsize Hot List 2016: Olshan has been designated by The National Law Journal as one of the top 20 midsize law firms in the U.S., on NLJ’s "2016 Midsize Hot List." NLJ says the 20 firms “have held their own, often against much larger firms, charting winning courses in high-stakes matters that led to key victories in 2015.”
- Chambers USA 2017: Chambers USA, the leading legal directory that publishes annual rankings based on interviews with thousands of clients, acknowledged the firm’s Real Estate Law and General Commercial Litigation practices and selected five attorneys as among the nation’s best. Chambers USA named Steve Wolosky and Andrew Freedman have been ranked as “Leading Lawyers” in the inaugural Corporate/M&A: Shareholder Activism (New York) category; Andrew Lustigman has been ranked in Advertising: Transactional & Regulatory (Nationwide); Samuel Ross has been ranked in Real Estate: Mainly Dirt (New York); and Kyle Bisceglie is ranked as a “Noted Practitioner” in Litigation: General Commercial: Highly Regarded (New York).
- The Legal 500 United States 2017: Olshan recognized for Media, Technology & Telecom work (Advertising, Marketing & Promotions). The guide also recognized four of the practice’s partners as “Leading Lawyers” in Advertising and Marketing law: Andrew Lustigman (chair), Kyle Bisceglie, Tamara Carmichael and Scott Shaffer
- Best Lawyers in America 2018: Five Olshan attorneys were selected by their peers for inclusion in this widely recognized guide.
- U.S. News-Best Lawyers© “Best Law Firms” 2018: following rankings from U.S. News-Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” for 2018:
- Securities/Capital Markets Law - “Tier 1” in both National and New York City Metropolitan
- Advertising Law - “Tier 1” in both National and New York City Metropolitan
- Real Estate Law - “Tier 1” in New York City Metropolitan and “Tier 2” in National
- Trusts & Estates - “Tier 1” in New York City Metropolitan
- Employment Law / Management - “Tier 2” in New York City Metropolitan
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law - “Tier 3” in New York City Metropolitan
- Super Lawyers 2017: Thirty-nine Olshan lawyers were named by Super Lawyers® for 2017 New York Metro.
- New York Law Journal 100: Olshan is among the 100 largest private law offices in New York State.
- Martindale-Hubbell: Several of our attorneys are AV rated or Preeminent, the highest rating possible.
- Activist & Equity Investment Practice: Widely recognized and consistently ranked as the nation’s premier practice in representing activist investors in contested director elections and ranked as the No. 1 Legal Advisor to activist investors by The Wall Street Journal/FactSet, Thomson Reuters and Activist Insight Monthly.
Where We Recruit
- Brooklyn Law School
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Columbia University School of Law
- Fordham University School of Law
- New York University School of Law
- Rutgers University School of Law-Newark
- Washington University in St. Louis and Tulane University Law School at the New York Job Fair
- Vanderbilt University School of Law at the New York Job Fair