Facts and Stats
Olshan represents major businesses and entrepreneurs for their most significant transactions, problems and opportunities. Olshan’s clients range from public companies, hedge, venture capital, private equity and other investment funds to entrepreneurs and private companies worldwide. Clients choose Olshan for innovative strategies and sophisticated, game-changing advice in corporate, securities law and shareholder activism, complex commercial, corporate and securities litigation, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, real estate, intellectual property and advertising. Since its founding over 50 years ago, Olshan has offered an alternative to the AmLaw 50 law firm business model with responsive, independent and client-focused legal counsel provided by the firm’s senior lawyers.
Total number of Practice Groups: 12
- Activist & Equity Investment
- Advertising, Marketing & Promotions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Brand Management and Protection
- Corporate/Securities Law
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Practices
- Insurance Coverage Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax & Personal Planning
Chambers USA 2019: Acknowledgement of Advertising: Transactional & Regulatory Nationwide practice and recognition of three Olshan lawyers as “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.”
The Legal 500 United States 2019: Named as Top Tier 1 Leading Firm for Shareholder Activism and Leading Firm for Advertising and Marketing. Activist Co-Chairs noted as Tier 1 Leading Lawyers, one partner acknowledged as Next Generation and recommendation of four Olshan Partners.
Best Lawyers in America 2020: Recognized eight Olshan lawyers for inclusion.
U.S. News-Best Lawyers© “Best Law Firms” 2020:
- Securities/Capital Markets Law - “Tier 1” in both National and New York City Metropolitan
- Real Estate Law - “Tier 1” in New York City Metropolitan and “Tier 2” in National
- Advertising Law - “Tier 2” in both National and New York City Metropolitan
- Trusts & Estates - “Tier 1” in New York City Metropolitan and “Tier 2” in National
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law – “Tier 1” in New York City Metropolitan and “Tier 3” in National
- Super Lawyers 2019: Thirty-eight of our attorneys were selected to the New York Metro Super Lawyers list of top attorneys, including Rising Stars.
Leading Activist & Equity Investment Practice: Ranked #1 by FactSet SharkRepellent, Refinitiv Global Shareholder Activism Scorecard and Activist Insight; acknowledged by The Deal and Business Insider and consistent top rankings across the board in every publication that covers shareholder activism.
- Awarded Deal of the Year and Activist Campaign of the Year by The Deal for representation of George Feldenkreis in nomination of directors and acquisition of Perry Ellis.
- “Go-To Law Firms®” for Fortune 500 Companies. Selected by Corporate Counsel magazine as one of the “Go-To Law Firms” in Intellectual Property Litigation.
Martindale-Hubbell. Many of our attorneys are AV rated, the highest rating possible by this respected national directory.
Where We Recruit
- Brooklyn Law School
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Columbia University School of Law
- Fordham University School of Law
- New York University School of Law
- Rutgers University School of Law-Newark