- Legal 500, International Tax, Next Generation Lawyer (2018)
J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 2000
LL.M., Columbia University School of Law
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
LL.M., National Taiwan University
LL.B, National Taiwan University
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
K.C. brings over 22 years-experience advising clients on the tax aspects of domestic and international capital market transactions, acquisitions and dispositions, as well as the formation of onshore and offshore private equity, real estate and hedge funds.
K.C.’s practice is focused on tax considerations related to structuring issues for transactions and he deals extensively with partnerships, LLCs and other joint ventures; corporate mergers, spin-offs and reorganizations; Controlled Foreign Corporations (CFCs) and Passive Foreign Investment Companies (PFICs); leveraged buyouts and other acquisition financings; tax treaties, hybrid entities and conduit financings; and financial products and securitizations.
K.C. earned both his J.D. and LL.M (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) at Columbia Law School and earned a Master of Laws and a Bachelor of Laws at National Taiwan University. He was named a “Next Generation Lawyer” in International Taxation by Legal 500 in 2018 and has published in tax industry journals. K.C. is fluent in Mandarin.
Prior to joining Olshan, K.C. was a tax partner at Golenbock Eiseman Assor Bell & Peskoe LLP.
- Represented a privately-owned U.S.-headquartered multinational nutrient supplement company in its sale of businesses in multiple jurisdictions to a Japanese global pharmaceutical company for approximately $500 million.
- Represented one of the two groups of Class A shareholders of a family-owned supermarket company in their sale of the majority stake to the Class B shareholders for more than $1.5 billion.
- Represented a popular chain restaurant business in receiving investments from a private equity consortium.
- Represented a multinational commodity trading company in its $6.1 billion acquisition of a Canadian business.
- Represented a publicly-traded Australian company in its acquisition of a U.S. biotech company.
- Represented a media business company in connection with the sale of a division to a subsidiary of an independent, non-governmental organization based in Washington D.C.
- Represented a premier global specialty transportation and logistics provider for the biopharmaceutical industry in its sale to one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical services companies for $520 million.
- Advised private equity funds, hedge funds, real estate funds, debt funds and funds of funds in and outside the U.S. regarding formation of pass-through and blocker structures, as well as cross-border tax considerations.
- Advised foreign financial institutions, sovereign wealth funds and other investment funds on acquiring interests in private equity funds, hedge funds and real estate funds, as well as restructuring special investment vehicles.
- The Extraordinary New World of the Participation ExemptionSeptember 23, 2019164 Tax Notes Federal 2047
- Symmetry Lost: Corollary of the Hypothetical DistributionMay 6, 2019163 Tax Notes 825