OLSHAN WEBINAR: Important Changes To The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA): What You and Your Client Need To Know
On September 17, 2013, from 12:30-1:30pm Eastern time, Olshan will present the webinar Important Changes To The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA): What You and Your Client Need To Know. CLE credit will be available for this complimentary program which will offer a detailed look at the latest developments involving the TCPA, the rapidly evolving federal statute that has spawned hundreds of class actions over telephone calls, text messages and facsimiles targeting virtually every type of business and supplier.
Subjects to be discussed include:
- New regulations scheduled to take effect in October 2013;
- Liability based on the acts of third parties;
- Recent decisions that will encourage future class actions; and
- Steps you can take to minimize liability exposure.
Who should be listening?
- Anyone in the direct marketing or debt collection industries;
- Companies that solicit through text messaging and pre-recorded voice; and
- Class-action and consumer protection attorneys.
Olshan speakers will be Andrew B. Lustigman, the Chair of Olshan’s Advertising, Marketing & Promotions practice group. He represents marketers, advertisers, and traditional and digital agencies and suppliers in connection with the legal aspects of their advertising and promotional marketing businesses. Andrew will be joined by Scott Shaffer, a Partner in Olshan’s Advertising, Marketing & Promotions group. Scott has successfully defended against TCPA suits in a number of jurisdictions and regularly writes on the subject. Both Andrew and Scott focus a significant amount of their practice on the impact of the TCPA on the use of autodialed, pre-recorded voice calls and text messaging as marketing tools.
Whether you are a new or returning user, please follow these steps to register for this webinar:
- Go to: https://university2.learnlive.com/olshan
- Returning users, should enter their username and password;
- New users should select the button “Register for an Account” just below the log-in fields and complete the form;
- Once logged in, click the "Catalog" button for a list of programs; click the “View” button for the desired program;
- You will be brought to the main page for the desired program; click the “Enroll” button, and complete the process.
In order to receive CLE credit for the webinar you are required to click all of the participation pop-ups that will appear throughout the program. You must also be registered and view the webinar from your own computer.
This seminar has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1 credit hour in the area of Professional Practice/Practice Management and is appropriate for experienced attorneys only.