Restaurant, Hotel & Hospitality
Olshan represents participants in many aspects of the growing interest in quality food and food experience. For example, we offer clients a breadth and depth of experience with restaurateurs, restaurant investors and restaurant landlords. We handle mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, licensing and lease negotiations as well as litigation, when necessary. Our restaurant experience ranges from large chains to Marcus Samuelsson Group LLC to Nathan’s Famous. Our attorneys can handle a variety of restaurant law issues from tax to employment practices and employee benefits, and insurance.
Olshan also represents investors, developers and builders in all types of hotel sale and exchange transactions throughout the United States, including assets in Miami, South Beach, Long Branch, New Jersey, Pittsburgh, New York City and Las Vegas. Sophisticated owners and investors look to us as experienced hospitality lawyers with great insight of the industry, providing expertise, creativity, diligence and quality service, with cost sensitivity.
Some of our hotel-related matters have included:
- the purchase and enforcement of notes and mortgages encumbering hotels
- acquisitions, including those through foreclosure
- the negotiation and restructuring of management, easement/leasing agreements and existing mortgages
- hotel ground leases
- sales under chapter 11 plan
- advertising compliance matters
- tender offers and consent solicitations for outstanding senior secured notes
- lease transactions and license agreements
- the financing of senior mortgage, senior and junior mezzanine loans
- joint ventures