Corporate/Securities - Robert Friedman
Our attorneys regularly advise clients on the formation, operation and regulation of private funds. We provide services to a broad range of funds, investors and advisers, including private equity funds, hedge funds, venture capital funds and registered investment advisors throughout a fund’s lifecycle.
Specifically, we represent private equity investors, venture capitalists, private equity fund sponsors, high net worth individuals and issuers in a wide variety of private equity and debt transactions, including buy-outs (leveraged and non-leveraged), early and late-stage venture investments, and restructurings and recapitalizations. We advise issuers and investors from the early stages of a company’s formation through financings, acquisitions and exit strategies.
Olshan Representative Private Equity Matters
- Represented Alleghany Capital Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Alleghany Corporation, in the acquisition by its subsidiary Precision Cutting Technologies of a majority interest in Coastal Industrial Distributors, LLC, dba CID Performance Tooling.
- Represented Alleghany Capital Corporation subsidiary, R.C. Tway Company, LLC (dba Kentucky Trailer) in its acquisition of a majority interest in CEI Equipment Company LLC.
- Represented Clarion Events, one of the world’s leading event organizers, in the acquisition of PennWell Corporation, a privately-held events and business-to-business media and marketing services company based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Clarion is owned by funds managed by Blackstone, one of the world’s leading investment firms.
- Represented Mindful Foods, Inc., manufacturer of grain-free, paleo and non-GMO backed goods, in connection with its initial round of institutional financing.
- Represent a venture capital fund in connection with its formation and investment activity. The fund specializes in the identification, capitalization and development of breakthrough and disruptive opportunities in the ophthalmic space.
- Represented Caymus Equity Partners in partnering in the acquisition of, and securing senior and mezzanine financing for, a controlling interest in Excel Orthopedic Rehabilitation, a premier provider of sports and orthopedic physical therapy and rehabilitation services through 8 physical therapy centers in northern New Jersey.
- Represented leading fitness club franchisee in equity investment from market-leading private equity fund.
- Representing private equity backed, publishing business acquisition platform in formation, capital raising and publishing company acquisition.
- Represented hybrid private equity/hedge fund in acquisitions of numerous portfolio companies in the energy industry.
- Represented private equity fund as guarantor and sponsor of various project financings, corporate term loans and revolvers.
- Represented private equity fund in connection with ring fencing of assets for global portfolio company’s financing and international tax restructuring.
- Represented Bourn & Koch, Inc., a subsidiary of Alleghany Capital Corporation, in acquisition of Diamond Technology Innovations, Inc., a leading manufacturer of waterjet orifices and nozzles as well as related products.
- Represented Omni New York, LLC in connection with a majority equity investment by Stone Point Capital LLC, a private equity firm.
- Represented Argentum Capital Partners III, L.P. in a $5.75 million investment in ITS Compliance, Inc.
- Represented Argentum Capital Partners III, L.P. in connection with its investment in Transformative Pharmaceutical Solutions LLC.
- Represented Success Foods Management Group, LLC (d/b/a Torchy's Tacos) in connection with a significant minority investment from General Atlantic, a leading global growth equity firm.
- Represented Landry’s, Inc. in its acquisition of B.R. Guest Holdings, which owns and operates restaurant concepts including Atlantic Grill, Bill's Bar and Burger, Blue Water Grill, Dos Caminos, Isabella’s and Strip House, from an affiliate of Starwood Capital Group.
- Represented Firebirds International, LLC, which owns and operates 18 Firebirds Wood Fired Grill locations nationwide, in its acquisition by Angelo, Gordon & Co.'s Private Equity Group.
- Represented NuCO2 Inc., a Nasdaq-listed company, in its $487 million acquisition by Aurora Capital Group, a private equity firm.
- Represented Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon, Inc., owner of the high-end Del Frisco Double Eagle Steakhouse restaurants, in its $600 million acquisition by Lone Star Funds, a private equity firm.
- Represented Taste It Presents in its sale of LLC interests to AUA Private Equity Partners, LLC, a private equity firm.
- Represented Caymus Equity Partners LLC, a private equity firm, in the acquisition and related financing of FST Technical Services LLC.
- Represented Pansend, a subsidiary of HC2, in its acquisitions of interests in each of BeneVir, R2 and TripleRing.
- Represented Royal News Corp. in its acquisition of ACW from Axio.
- Represented Block Vision Holdings Corporation in a successful $45 million sale of itself to Superior Vision Holdings, Inc., a managed vision care provider controlled by private equity firm Nautic Partners.
- Represented Ness Technologies, Inc., a global provider of IT services and solutions, from its formation in 1999, including its venture capital financings, numerous acquisitions in the United States and in Eastern Europe and its $160 million initial public offering and listing on the NASDAQ Stock Market, and through its acquisition in 2011 by Citi Venture Capital International, a global private equity investment fund.
- Represented Prime Hospitality Corp., a NYSE listed company, in an $800 million merger with The Blackstone Group.
- Represented an Icelandic prosthetics manufacturer in the acquisition of a prosthetics and orthotic device manufacturing portfolio company from a private equity firm for $216 million.
- Represented a private equity firm in the acquisition of an integrated information management company in a transaction valued at approximately $30 million.
- Represented an industrial products provider in connection with a $300 million leveraged buyout of its stockholders by a private equity fund.