- Legal 500, International Tax, Key Lawyer (2019)
- Citywealth Magazine, Leading Lawyer (2016 and 2017)
J.D., Columbia Law School
B.S., magna cum laude, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business
B.A., magna cum laude, University of Pennsylvania
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
Eduardo has more than two decades of experience providing U.S. and foreign clients with sophisticated tax planning advice on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, spinoffs, joint ventures, asset acquisitions and divestitures, equity and debt financings, and securities and capital markets transactions.
Eduardo advises U.S.-based clients on structuring domestic and foreign investments and operations, including outbound considerations of asset transfers, foreign tax credits, and the GILTI, Subpart F, and PFIC anti-deferral regimes. He advises foreign-based clients on structuring inbound U.S. investments and operations to maximize benefits under U.S. income tax treaties and minimize tax and risks under U.S. permanent establishment, Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA), and earnings-stripping rules. Eduardo has worked extensively with foreign tax counsel to maximize global tax efficiencies for his clients. He also represents U.S. and foreign clients in tax audits and litigation involving federal, state and local tax authorities.
Eduardo has advised a diverse group of clients, including U.S. and foreign multinational public and private corporations, partnerships, private equity firms, investment management firms, governments and governmental entities, family offices and high-net-worth individuals, across a broad range of industries such as consumer goods, commodities, energy, technology, manufacturing, transportation, real estate, banking and financial services.
Eduardo is a frequent speaker at tax conferences on U.S. and international taxation and is fluent in Spanish.
Prior to joining Olshan, Eduardo was a tax partner in the New York office of Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP.
Professional & Community Affiliations
New York State Bar Association (Tax Section)
American Bar Association (Tax Section)
International Fiscal Association
International Tax Institute
NYC Bar Association (Taxation of Business Entities)
Hofstra University School of Law, Special Professor of Law, International Taxation (2007)
Select Speaking Engagements
- The Latin Lawyer Live 4th Annual Tax Conference, New York (2019)
- Implications of the 2017 U.S. Tax Reform on Investment with Latin America
- Private Bank Family Office Forum, New York (2019)
- Qualified Opportunity Zones: Considerations for Family Offices
- ABA/IBA/IFA Annual U.S. and Latin America Tax Practice Trends Conference, Miami (2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009)
- Impact of 2017 U.S. Tax Reform on Inbound Investment from Latin America
- Recent Tax Developments in Latin American Jurisdictions
- Investment Fund Structures and Incentives for Investment in Latin America
- IFA Joint Meeting of U.S. and Colombia Branches, Bogota (2017)
- Hot U.S. Tax Issues
- Bloomberg BNA Latin America Tax Update, Miami (2016, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010)
- Mergers and Acquisitions in Latin America
- IFA 2nd Annual Colombian International Tax Conference, Bogota (2013)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- STEP FATCA Compliance Conference, New York (2013)
- IFA 4th Annual Latin America Regional Conference, Montevideo (2012)
- 19th Congress of the Iberoamerican Union of Bar Associations, Mexico City (2010)
- January 19, 2022