A member of Olshan’s Litigation Group, Shriram Harid has successfully represented and defended individuals and corporations in a broad range of civil and criminal cases.
Shriram has extensive first-chair trial and deposition experience in federal court, state court, and arbitral tribunals. He has advised and helped clients navigate some of their most sensitive commercial and legal disputes from inception through trial. His experience includes general commercial, securities and bankruptcy litigation, along with white-collar criminal defense and investigations.
A formidable oral advocate, Shriram has successfully argued numerous pretrial and post-trial motions, examined witnesses at trial, taken and defended depositions, and conducted internal investigations. In addition to his commercial litigation experience, Shriram has extensive experience taking on the government, including U.S. Attorney’s Offices, the SEC and other regulators.
A compelling writer, Shriram is a two-time federal law clerk and has vast experience with every aspect of motion practice. He has handled certiorari petitions and drafted amicus briefs to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Before joining Olshan, Shriram was a litigation associate at two Am Law 100 law firms and law clerk to both the Honorable Jane R. Roth, Circuit Court Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the Honorable Norma L. Shapiro, District Court Judge for the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Secured a complete dismissal in federal court of all claims against a broker-dealer for allegedly aiding and abetting a former customer’s Ponzi scheme.
- Defeated all contract and fraud claims against a media company and secured a $2.5 million judgment against the plaintiff on a counterclaim in an arbitrated dispute.
- Handled all of the oral argument and defeated a motion for a preliminary injunction and a TRO in a real estate dispute in state court.
- Participated in a criminal trial representing an individual charged with a $150 million bank fraud conspiracy by the U.S. Attorney’s Office (S.D.N.Y.); cross-examined multiple witnesses at trial; argued motions in limine and expert issues; and handled all pretrial and post-trial briefing.
- Represented corporations, executives, and private equity firms in various securities fraud class actions and SEC investigations.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a CEO of a brokerage firm in an enforcement action by the CFTC concerning certain practices in the FX options market.
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors in a major bankruptcy matter, achieving a favorable settlement.
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2013
- Chair of Judges Committee and Member of Bench Memo Committee, Moot Court Board
- Advocate of the Year, Employment Advocacy Project
- Associate Editor, Journal of International Law
- Research Assistant to Professor Seth F. Kreimer on the First Amendment
A.B., Princeton University, The Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, 2008 Dean’s List
- Princeton Debate Panel
- President, The American Whig-Cliosophic Society
- Princeton University Press Club
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Clerk, Honorable Jane R. Roth, Circuit Court Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Clerk, Honorable Norma L. Shapiro, District Court Judge for the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania