Giovanna Crivello is a member of Olshan’s Litigation Group involved in all phases of cases from prelitigation investigations through trial and appeals.
Experienced in a wide variety of cases, Gio has played a significant role in complex commercial disputes, bankruptcy litigation and white collar criminal defense, as well as in representing clients facing government investigations. She also represents clients in alternative dispute resolution forums.
Gio drafts pretrial motions, pleadings and settlement agreements, prepares and interviews witnesses for deposition, and crafts arguments to be presented to government regulators. She manages all aspects of e-discovery and reviews and analyzes case facts and relevant law to help determine and implement litigation strategy. Gio also has successfully handled multiple pro bono administrative appeals.
Before she joined Olshan, Gio was a litigation associate at Milbank LLP.
- Represented a major life insurance company in a class action and individual lawsuits challenging a cost of insurance adjustment on a line of universal life insurance policies.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a financial services company in federal litigation related to the financial crisis in Puerto Rico and the restructuring proceedings of the Commonwealth and related entities, under the newly enacted federal law, PROMESA.
- Represented a leading asset manager in connection with multiple regulatory inquiries into the asset manager’s approach to incorporating environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into both its own corporate operations and its investment processes deployed to manage client funds.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a large broadcasting corporation in international arbitration proceedings.
- Prevailed in the New York Supreme Court after the court found that the New York Police Department illegally withheld bodycam footage of police shootings of people experiencing mental health crises.
- Represented a Big Four auditor in an SEC investigation and a civil action.
J.D., Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, 2020
- Staff Member, Journal of Law and Social Policy
- Bluhm Legal Clinic, Civil Litigation Center
B.A., magna cum laude, California State University, Chico, 2016
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York