A seasoned corporate attorney with extraordinary attention to detail, Sasson Marcus has broad experience representing borrowers and lenders in complex loan transactions.
With unusual breadth of experience with both upper- and middle-market loans, Sasson represents large and small lenders and borrowers in acquisition finance, refinancing, exit, and DIP financings for both EBITDA and asset-based loans. These regularly run into hundreds of millions of dollars and are often completed under a tight deadline. Sasson negotiates and drafts loan documents for secured lending transactions.
Credit agreements require rigorous focus on the purpose of each loan provision. Sasson assesses loan documents for potential risks and advises on current market terms in domestic and cross-border credit facilities. He ensures clients understand complex provisions and determines the most efficient path to achieving their objectives while mitigating risks.
Technology companies, venture capitalists, angel investors, consumer products, and public benefit companies also routinely involve Sasson in solving a host of general corporate matters. These include negotiating and drafting licensing, employment, acquisition, distribution, partnership, operating, joint venture, service, marketing, and consulting agreements. In addition, he is often called on to counsel senior executives on agreements and ventures, including legal issues and risks, regulatory matters, and dispute resolution. He has served as inside and outside general counsel to some of these clients and companies throughout his career.
- Acted for lead arrangers in financing the $32.7 billion acquisition of Hospital Corp. of America by Bain Capital, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., and Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity.
- Acted for lead arrangers in their bidding to finance the $38.9 billion acquisition of Equity Office Properties by an affiliate of Blackstone Group LP.
- Represented Las Vegas Sands Corp. regarding a $1 billion term loan financing for the expansion of its Macau casino resorts.
- Represented Oak Hill Capital Partners regarding a $545 million first-lien term loan, $75 million first-lien revolver, and $220 million second-lien term loan to finance the acquisition of Berlin Packaging for $1.43 billion.
- Represented Cologix, Inc. in a $115M first-lien term loan and $10 million first-lien revolver arranged by RBC Capital Markets, TD Securities (USA) LLC, and CIT Finance, LLC, and a $35 million second-lien term loan by Goldman Sachs Specialty Lending Group, L.P.
- Advised General Atlantic Partners on U.S. $85 million and CAD $15 million term loans, a $25 million delayed draw term loan, and a $30 million revolver to finance the acquisition of CLEAResult, Inc.
- Represented Oak Hill Advisors, L.P. in a $65 million term loan and a $25 million first-out unitranche revolver to Pay-O-Matic Corp.
- Represented Apollo Global Management, LLC in a $300 million term loan and a $75 million revolver to finance a $1 billion acquisition.
- Represented Palladium Equity Partners in its CAD $150.8 million and U.S. $40 million asset-based revolvers and a $38 million term loan to Q’MAX Solutions Inc.
- Acted for Liberty Coca-Cola Beverages regarding an $80 million asset-based revolver to finance operations of a regional manufacturer and distributor of Coca-Cola beverages.
- Represented Wellspring Capital in its $73 million term loan and $20 million revolver to Qualitor, Inc.
- Firm News|
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2000
- Member, Journal of Constitutional Law
B.A., M.A., University of Cambridge, 1997
B.A., magna cum laude, Yale University, 1994
- New York