The New York office of Olshan Frome Wolosky LLP has an opening for an Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible for library, various marketing and recruiting functions, including, but not limited to, general administrative support, as well as additional projects upon request.
- Responsible for maintaining all library publications and digital subscriptions.
- Maintain, negotiate pricing and track all expenses for firm’s library publications and digital subscriptions.
- Liaison with appropriate vendors to oversee library publications and digital subscriptions.
- Fulfill requests from attorneys for books, articles, and subscription licenses.
- Provide logistical support for marketing seminars and other firm events.
- Assist with client pitch preparations and RFP responses, including editing, formatting, and proofreading.
- Assist with website maintenance, including updating attorney biographies, practice area descriptions, and news items.
- Assist with preparation of submissions to legal ranking publications.
- Assist with data entry and maintenance of the Firm’s e-blast databases.
- Responsible for practice group newsletters.
- Provide general administrative support, which includes but is not limited to creating, maintaining, and editing documents, spreadsheets, files, and presentations.
- Update monthly Restricted Securities list.
- Track and draft monthly invoices as needed.
- Assist in annual Attorney Questionnaires.
- Responsible for the Notary Public commissioning process.
- Assist in onboarding of new hires.
- Oversee the Tiffany holiday gifts project.
- Assist in coordination of annual firm events.
- Assist in the preparation for on-campus interviewing.
- Assist in the organization of materials for hiring committee meetings.
- Update recruiting files, monitor recruiting expenses and process expense reimbursements.
- Update and maintain all related administrative documents for attorney information and bar/professional memberships; and track/report informational updates and changes in the industry.
- Assist with coverage of the front desk when necessary.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: answering switchboard calls, including call transfers.
- Check voicemail and email messages promptly to appropriate parties.
- Greet clients and visitors, announce them by name to the appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate all aspects of conference and caucus rooms.
- Maintain accurate daily attendance records for all personnel.
The successful candidate must be team-oriented, self-motivated and have the ability to work independently, as well as possess the following characteristics to immediately contribute to the group:
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with a service-oriented attitude.
- Strong knowledge of the Internet, Google and social media (esp. LinkedIn and Twitter).
- General understanding of website content management systems and SEO.
- Comprehension of online mailing programs.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
- Resourceful with ability to juggle multiple assignments and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to exercise discretion, good judgment, flexibility and maintain confidential information at all times.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Basic administrative support skills.
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience in a professional office setting strongly preferred.
The Firm offers excellent benefits as well as competitive salaries. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to William Lopez, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.