From acquisitions through portfolio building, licensing, defense, enforcement and sales, Olshan IP lawyers advise and assist clients in maximizing the value of their IP assets and protect them from infringers.
Our Intellectual Property Group has extensive experience advising on IP rights, negotiating asset transactions involving IP, IP portfolio acquisitions, technology-transfer and license agreements, IP licensing arrangements, collaborations, and distribution and manufacturing agreements.
For clients in industries spanning iconic fashion brands to consumer goods to tech products, we guide clients on the strategic use of IP transactions to strengthen their IP portfolios and position them to compete successfully in markets around the world. Our lawyers also represent advertisers and advertising agencies in drafting and negotiating client-agency agreements, handle marketing and advertising contracts, and negotiate celebrity sponsorship, endorsement, influencer and promotions deals. In addition, we regularly weigh in on IP-related aspects of corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and sales of divisions, entities and assets.
Clients often call on us to conduct due diligence, to research and review trademarks and IP portfolios of intended targets to assess the status and extent of protection of the IP, to confirm that IP registrations were properly maintained and to ensure any infringement risks are addressed.
Backed by our IP Litigation Group, should an IP-related dispute arise, we are well-prepared to resolve it in or out of court.
- Negotiated jewelry license on behalf of Diane Von Furstenberg with Haskell Jewels.
- Performed due diligence and represented the acquirer of the McCormick & Schmick's trademark.
- Represented Randa Accessories Leather Goods in its acquisition of Swank, Inc.
- Represented Margaritaville at Resorts Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City in the negotiation of a license agreement for the use of the Jimmy Buffet trademarks.
- Represented the purchaser of the trademark rights to Pepe Jeans in North America.
- Represented Lifetime Brands, Inc. in its acquisition of Easy Aces, Inc.
- Represented Ayablu Incorporated in the negotiation of a license agreement with Burt’s Bees Baby.
- Represented LNK Partners in its minority growth capital investment in Beachbody, LLC, a leading marketer of health and fitness programs and products.
- Represented a major generic pharmaceutical company in the negotiation of a license, support and services agreement for its ePedigree track and trace solution.
- Represented myriad advertisers and advertising agencies in the drafting and negotiation of client-agency agreements.
- Represented technology companies in their licensing arrangements with several large entities.
- Represented telematics company in licensing its products and technology to major corporations.