- Margaret was selected as “CUP Catalyst in Law” by the Council of Urban Professionals in 2017.
J.D., Cornell Law School, 2004
- Cornell Law Review
- Dean’s List (all semesters)
- Recipient of the John M. Olin Student Scholarship for Law & Economics
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in IPOs & Deal Structure Alternatives
M.B.A, Johnson Graduate School of Management, 2004
- Dean’s Fellowship Committee
- Editor, Cornell Business Magazine
B.A., Cornell University, College of Arts and Sciences, 1996
- Meinig Family Cornell National Scholar
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York, 2005
Margaret’s corporate practice focuses on helping companies grow their businesses through mergers and acquisitions, financings and capital raises. Her significant corporate experience includes public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate finance, venture capital, private equity, corporate governance, and general corporate representation.
Her transactional capabilities include structuring and negotiations for acquisitions of companies and assets as well as joint ventures, partnerships, and consortiums for various projects with strategic and financial partners. With extensive experience in financings, Margaret helps companies negotiate letters of credit, working capital lines, and other lines of credit with lenders. Margaret also has project finance experience specifically in the energy sector, representing sponsors in negotiations with governments, development finance institutions, and international and regional commercial banks. Margaret has successfully raised capital for both startups and more established companies, including through blockchain technology offerings, as well as representing investors and funds in the deployment of their capital. Margaret also regularly advises private fund sponsors and investment advisors on a wide range of matters, including regulatory and compliance issues, portfolio company representation, and exit transactions.
Prior to joining Olshan, Margaret was Senior Vice President and General Counsel at SoEnergy International, Inc., Executive Vice President and General Counsel at ContourGlobal L.P., and an attorney at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP.
- December 13, 2017
- Olshan Recognized as “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News-Best Lawyers® for Securities/Capital Markets, Real Estate, Advertising, Employment Law, Trusts & Estates and Employee BenefitsNovember 1, 2017
- October 10, 2017
- September 25, 2017
- Africa’s Utilities: The Key to Unlocking Africa’s Power DevelopmentJanuary 20162016 Powering Africa Summit
- M&A and Anti-Trust in Europe: What's up on the other side of the pond?September 3, 2013Cross-Border M&A and Litigation Summit
- European Law on Cross-Border Lending, as Navigated in its Emerging Markets JurisdictionsApril 20132013 ABA section of International Law Spring Meeting in Washington, D.C.
- Due Diligence Pre- and Post-Deal to Manage RiskSeptember 2012Cross-Border M&A
- Agency Financing in the Emerging MarketsMay 20114th Annual Power and Alternative Energy Law Conference