- Kyle was named for inclusion to the New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, a Thomson Reuters lawyer rating service for lawyers under 40, for 2018 and 2019.
J.D., Columbia University, 2011
B.A., magna cum laude, New York University, 2008
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of NY
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of NY
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Kyle has significant experience in complex litigation matters in federal and state courts, from early case assessment, through discovery, and on to trial or other resolutions. Kyle’s broad range of matters include shareholder actions, securities litigation, governmental and internal investigations, commercial contract disputes, and business torts. He has also represented a coalition of minority voters through trial in a successful pro bono suit under Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act.
Kyle’s past engagements include representing an activist hedge fund alleging entrenchment measures undertaken by a board of directors were in breach of their fiduciary duties; representing a former executive in resolving an investigation conducted by the SEC arising from alleged accounting fraud; representing an activist shareholder in an investigation conducted by the SEC arising from alleged disclosure violations; and representing a public company in litigation arising from an acquisition.
Kyle graduated in 2011 from Columbia Law School, where he was the director of a national moot court competition, a legal writing instructor, and a judicial intern for the Honorable James C. Francis IV in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Sociology magna cum laude from New York University in 2008.
Prior to joining Olshan, Kyle was a litigation associate in the New York office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.
- Olshan Client Bristol Investment Fund Ltd. to Purchase Assets of Sugarfina Inc. in Chapter 11 ProceedingOctober 28, 2019
- September 12, 2019
- Olshan Secures Appellate Victory for Client and Requires Enforcement of International Loan AgreementJune 28, 2019
- September 19, 2018
- Olshan Client City of London Investment Management Company Limited Reaches Mutual Agreement with China Fund, Inc. to Withdraw LawsuitsJuly 2, 2018
- February 12, 2018
- November 6, 2016
- Delaware Court Rules That Overbroad Questionnaires “Went Too Far” in Decision to Enjoin Closed-End Funds From Invalidating Shareholder NominationsJuly 15, 2019Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation
Articles & Alerts
- September 17, 2018