Jason counsels corporations, partnerships and individuals on all aspects of U.S. federal and New York State tax law, including tax planning and tax controversy. His experience is focused on a broad range of U.S. federal income tax matters, including tax issues relating to mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, financings, private investments funds, cross-border transactions, bankruptcy reorganizations and workouts, start-ups, executive compensation and tax-exempt entity issues.
Jason also counsels owners and developers in structuring purchases, sales and investments in real estate partnerships and joint ventures, including like-kind exchanges. Jason also advises sponsors on the tax aspects of condominium, cooperative and shared-ownership developments.
Jason earned his J.D., summa cum laude, from Hofstra University School of Law in 2011, and his B.A. from the State University of New York at Albany in 2004. He is admitted to practice in New York.
Prior to joining Olshan, Jason was an associate at Farrell Fritz, P.C. and Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP.
- Kenneth Silverman Handles Acquisition of CEI Equipment Company for Alleghany Capital Subsidiary Kentucky TrailerDecember 21, 2018
- November 9, 2018
- Olshan Again Recognized as “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News-Best Lawyers® for Securities/Capital Markets, Real Estate, Advertising, Trusts & Estates and Employee BenefitsNovember 1, 2018
- October 23, 2018
- August 8, 2018
- Crain’s NY Business Reports on The Kaufman Organization’s Ground Lease at 21-01 51st Ave., Long Island CityApril 4, 2018
- December 22, 2017
- December 19, 2017
- November 22, 2017
- Olshan Client Steel Partners Holdings L.P. Announces Five-Year, $600 Million Revolving Credit Agreement with PNC Capital Markets LLCNovember 17, 2017
- November 2, 2017
- Olshan Represents Torchy’s Tacos in Significant Minority Private Equity Investment by General AtlanticAugust 15, 2017
- August 4, 2017