J.D., cum laude, Fordham University School of Law, 2014
- Notes & Articles Editor, Fordham Urban Law Journal
- Member, Fordham Moot Court Board
B.A., cum laude, Vassar College, 2008
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2017
Amelia represents companies and individual clients in complex disputes in federal and state courts, before arbitral bodies, and in civil and criminal investigations and proceedings brought by governmental entities, including in matters involving securities, commercial contracts, business torts, and legal malpractice. She secured dismissal of a federal securities fraud complaint filed by two hedge funds against the former COO of a public renewable energy company. She also successfully defended a private equity firm and its director in New York state court, obtaining dismissal of claims of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
Recent examples of Amelia’s practice include:
- Defended one of Europe's largest banks in an antitrust class action in the S.D.N.Y. arising from trading agency bonds.
- Defended a law firm in an AAA arbitration from claims for breach of the partnership agreement made by an ousted partner who is accused of misappropriating firm assets.
- Represented investment management company, and officers and directors in a suit alleging claims for malicious prosecution, defamation, fraudulent inducement, and veil piercing.
- Defended multi-billion dollar financial institutions in RMBS-related fraud and breach of contract cases brought by investors and monoline insurers in New York state and federal court.
- Advised a consulting firm in connection with a criminal investigation conducted by the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York and the New York County District Attorney's Office.
- Counseled a non-profit entity in connection with congressional inquiries conducted by the Senate Committee on the Judiciary and the House Committee on Energy & Commerce.
Prior to joining Olshan, Amelia was an associate in the litigation department at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP.
Professional & Community Affiliations
New York State Bar Association, Committee on Animals and the Law