Facts and Stats
Olshan represents major businesses and entrepreneurs for their most significant transactions, problems and opportunities. Olshan’s clients range from public companies, hedge, venture capital, private equity and other investment funds to entrepreneurs and private companies worldwide. Clients choose Olshan for innovative strategies and sophisticated, game-changing advice in corporate, securities law and shareholder activism, complex commercial, corporate and securities litigation, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, real estate, intellectual property and advertising. Since its founding almost 50 years ago, Olshan has offered an alternative to the AmLaw 50 law firm business model with responsive, independent and client-focused legal counsel provided by the firm’s senior lawyers.
Total number of Practice Groups: 12
- Activist & Equity Investment
- Advertising, Marketing & Promotions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Corporate/Securities Law
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Practices
- Insurance Coverage Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax & Personal Planning
- Best Lawyers in America 2015: Three Olshan partners were selected by their peers for inclusion in this widely recognized guide: Steve Wolosky for Securities/Capital Markets Law and Eric Goldberg and Samuel Ross for Real Estate Law.
- U.S. News-Best Lawyers© “Best Law Firms” 2014: First Tier ranking in New York for Securities and Capital Markets by U.S. News-Best Lawyers© “Best Law Firms.” The Securities and Capital Markets category encompasses Olshan's Corporate/Securities Law and Activist & Equity Investment practice groups. The Real Estate Law practice has once again been ranked as a Tier 2 firm in New York. Both of these practice areas were also selected as Tier 3 practices in the National rankings.
- Chambers USA 2014: Chambers, the leading legal directory that publishes annual rankings based on interviews with thousands of clients, selected two Olshan attorneys as among the nation’s best in 2013: Andrew Lustigman in the category of Advertising: Transactional and Regulatory and Samuel Ross in the category of Real Estate.
- Super Lawyers 2014: Forty-five of our attorneys were selected to the New York Metro Super Lawyers, ten to Rising Stars.
- New York Law Journal 100: Olshan is among the 100 largest private law offices in New York State.
- Martindale-Hubbell: Several of our attorneys are AV rated or Preeminent, the highest rating possible.
Where We Recruit
- Brooklyn Law School
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Columbia University School of Law
- Fordham University School of Law
- New York University School of Law
- Rutgers University School of Law-Newark
- Washington University in St. Louis, Vanderbilt University School of Law, and Tulane University Law School at the New York Job Fair