Facts and Stats
Olshan represents major businesses and entrepreneurs for their most significant transactions, problems and opportunities. Olshan’s clients range from public companies, hedge, venture capital, private equity and other investment funds to entrepreneurs and private companies worldwide. Clients choose Olshan for innovative strategies and sophisticated, game-changing advice in corporate, securities law and shareholder activism, complex commercial, corporate and securities litigation, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, real estate, intellectual property and advertising. Since its founding over 50 years ago, Olshan has offered an alternative to the AmLaw 50 law firm business model with responsive, independent and client-focused legal counsel provided by the firm’s senior lawyers.
Total number of Practice Groups: 11
- Activist & Equity Investment
- Advertising, Marketing & Promotions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Corporate/Securities Law
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Practices
- Insurance Coverage Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax & Personal Planning
- Midsize Hot List 2016: Olshan has been designated by The National Law Journal as one of the top 20 midsize law firms in the U.S., on NLJ’s "2016 Midsize Hot List." NLJ says the 20 firms “have held their own, often against much larger firms, charting winning courses in high-stakes matters that led to key victories in 2015.”
- Chambers USA 2017: Chambers USA, the leading legal directory that publishes annual rankings based on interviews with thousands of clients, acknowledged the firm’s Real Estate Law and General Commercial Litigation practices and selected five attorneys as among the nation’s best. Chambers USA named Steve Wolosky and Andrew Freedman have been ranked as “Leading Lawyers” in the inaugural Corporate/M&A: Shareholder Activism (New York) category; Andrew Lustigman has been ranked in Advertising: Transactional & Regulatory (Nationwide); Samuel Ross has been ranked in Real Estate: Mainly Dirt (New York); and Kyle Bisceglie is ranked as a “Noted Practitioner” in Litigation: General Commercial: Highly Regarded (New York).
- The Legal 500 United States 2017: Olshan recognized for Media, Technology & Telecom work (Advertising, Marketing & Promotions). The guide also recognized four of the practice’s partners as “Leading Lawyers” in Advertising and Marketing law: Andrew Lustigman (chair), Kyle Bisceglie, Tamara Carmichael and Scott Shaffer
- Best Lawyers in America 2017: Five Olshan partners were selected by their peers for inclusion in this widely recognized guide.
- U.S. News-Best Lawyers© “Best Law Firms” 2017: Securities/Capital Markets Law, “Tier 1” in New York City Metropolitan and National; Real Estate Law, “Tier 1” in New York City Metropolitan and “Tier 2” in National; Advertising Law, “Tier 2” in New York City Metropolitan and “Tier 3” in National; and Employment Law - Management, “Tier 3” in New York City Metropolitan. The Securities and Capital Markets category encompasses Olshan's Corporate/Securities Law and Activist & Equity Investment Practice groups.
- Super Lawyers 2016: Forty Olshan lawyers were named by Super Lawyers® for 2016 New York Metro.
- New York Law Journal 100: Olshan is among the 100 largest private law offices in New York State.
- Martindale-Hubbell: Several of our attorneys are AV rated or Preeminent, the highest rating possible.
Where We Recruit
- Brooklyn Law School
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Columbia University School of Law
- Fordham University School of Law
- New York University School of Law
- Rutgers University School of Law-Newark
- Washington University in St. Louis and Tulane University Law School at the New York Job Fair
- Vanderbilt University School of Law at the New York Job Fair