Facts and Stats
Olshan represents major businesses and entrepreneurs for their most significant transactions, problems and opportunities. Olshan’s clients range from public companies, hedge, venture capital, private equity and other investment funds to entrepreneurs and private companies worldwide. Clients choose Olshan for innovative strategies and sophisticated, game-changing advice in corporate, securities law and shareholder activism, complex commercial, corporate and securities litigation, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, real estate, intellectual property and advertising. Since its founding almost 50 years ago, Olshan has offered an alternative to the AmLaw 50 law firm business model with responsive, independent and client-focused legal counsel provided by the firm’s senior lawyers.
Total number of Practice Groups: 12
- Activist & Equity Investment
- Advertising, Marketing & Promotions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Corporate/Securities Law
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Practices
- Insurance Coverage Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax & Personal Planning
- 2016 Midsize Hot List: Olshan has been designated by The National Law Journal as one of the top 20 midsize law firms in the U.S., on NLJ’s "2016 Midsize Hot List." NLJ says the 20 firms “have held their own, often against much larger firms, charting winning courses in high-stakes matters that led to key victories in 2015.”
- Best Lawyers in America 2016: Five Olshan partners were selected by their peers for inclusion in this widely recognized guide: Steve Wolosky for Securities/Capital Markets Law; Eric Goldberg and Samuel Ross for Real Estate Law; Andrew Lustigman for Advertising; and Aliza Herzberg for Employment.
- U.S. News-Best Lawyers© “Best Law Firms” 2016: Ranked “Tier 1” in National Rankings for Securities and Capital Markets, “Tier 2” in National Rankings for Real Estate Law, and “Tier 1” in the New York City Metropolitan area for both Securities and Capital Markets and Real Estate Law by U.S. News-Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” 2016. The Securities and Capital Markets category encompasses Olshan's Corporate/Securities Law and Activist & Equity Investment Practice groups.
- Chambers USA 2015: Chambers USA, the leading legal directory that publishes annual rankings based on interviews with thousands of clients, selected two Olshan attorneys as among the nation’s best in 2015. Chambers USA named partner Andrew Lustigman of the firm’s Advertising, Marketing and Promotions Group and Samuel Ross of the Real Estate Group as “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.”
- Super Lawyers 2015: Thirty-nine of our attorneys were selected to the New York Metro Super Lawyers, ten to Rising Stars.
- New York Law Journal 100: Olshan is among the 100 largest private law offices in New York State.
- Martindale-Hubbell: Several of our attorneys are AV rated or Preeminent, the highest rating possible.
Where We Recruit
- Brooklyn Law School
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Columbia University School of Law
- Fordham University School of Law
- New York University School of Law
- Rutgers University School of Law-Newark
- Washington University in St. Louis, Vanderbilt University School of Law, and Tulane University Law School at the New York Job Fair