Facts and Stats
Olshan represents major businesses and entrepreneurs for their most significant transactions, problems and opportunities. Olshan’s clients range from public companies, hedge, venture capital, private equity and other investment funds to entrepreneurs and private companies worldwide. Clients choose Olshan for innovative strategies and sophisticated, game-changing advice in corporate, securities law and shareholder activism, complex commercial, corporate and securities litigation, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, real estate, intellectual property and advertising. Since its founding almost 50 years ago, Olshan has offered an alternative to the AmLaw 50 law firm business model with responsive, independent and client-focused legal counsel provided by the firm’s senior lawyers.
Total number of Practice Groups: 12
- Advertising, Marketing & Promotions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Corporate/Securities Law
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Practices
- Insurance Coverage Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax & Personal Planning
- The National Law Journal: The NLJ placed Olshan on their 2012 Midsize Hot List, its annual ranking of the nation’s top 20 midsize law firms. According to the NLJ, firms on the list are not only "good at what they do, but they're also good at how they do it."
- New York Law Journal 100: Olshan is among the 100 largest private law offices in New York State.
- Chambers USA 2013: Chambers, the leading legal directory that publishes annual rankings based on interviews with thousands of clients, selected three Olshan attorneys as among the nation’s best in 2013: Andrew Lustigman and Adam Solomon in the category of Advertising: Transactional and Regulatory and Samuel Ross in the category of Real Estate.
- Super Lawyers 2013: Twenty-one of our attorneys were selected to the New York Metro Super Lawyers, ten to Rising Stars.
- Best Lawyers in America 2013: Three Olshan partners were selected by their peers for inclusion in this widely recognized guide: Steve Wolosky for Securities/Capital Markets Law and Eric Goldberg and Samuel P. Ross for Real Estate Law.
- Martindale-Hubbell: Several of our attorneys are AV rated or Preeminent, the highest rating possible.
Where We Recruit
- Brooklyn Law School
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Columbia University School of Law
- Fordham University School of Law
- New York University School of Law
- Rutgers University School of Law-Newark
- Washington University in St. Louis, Vanderbilt University School of Law, and Tulane University Law School at the New York Job Fair