With over 60 years of experience in real estate and tax matters, Lawrence has counseled andrepresented numerous private companies in their corporate, tax, and estate planning strategies. He is also a general or managing partner of many real estate entities.
Prior to joining Olshan in late 2001 as counsel, Lawrence was a managing partner of Hoffinger Friedland Dobrish & Stern.
Professional & Community Affiliations
Board member, Apple Bank for Savings
Board member, Lutron Electronics Co., Inc.
The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
New York State Bar Association
American Bar Association (Section of Taxation, Committee on Real Estate Tax Problems)
- Negotiated purchase of the Delmonico Hotel in New York City.
- Negotiated purchase, lease renegotiation and renovation of the Lever Brothers building.
- Negotiated a 200-year lease with respect to a portion of the land located under Crown Plaza Hotel, New York, NY.
- Negotiated purchase of the fee position at One Penn Plaza.
- Negotiated purchase of the land and buildings located at 405, 430, 450 and 750 Park Avenue.
- Negotiated purchase and co-op conversion of 605, 715, 969 and 1155 Park Avenue.
- U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers® selects Olshan's Real Estate Practice for “Best Law Firms" IssueNovember 1, 2012
- November 30, 2001